41 Lucky Lottery Winners Coming to 26th Street | chelseanow.com

41 Lucky Lottery Winners Coming to 26th Street

doc50df38fa764f6110112136BY SCOTT STIFFLER | Don’t let those last two digits scare you: 2013 is going to be a very lucky year for the winners of an affordable housing lottery. Applications are being accepted for apartments in the Chelsea Park building currently under construction at 260 West 26th Street (at Eighth Avenue).

A total of 41 affordable housing rental units are being made available, through the 80/20 Program of the New York City Housing Development Corporation (in exchange for tax-exempt bonds to finance construction, 20 percent of the apartment units are reserved for low-income tenants earning no more than 50 percent of area’s median income). For more info on the program, visit nyc.gov/housing.

The monthly rent for a studio is either $492 or $635. One-bedrooms go for $529 or $682, and two-bedroom units for $644 or $828. The maximum annual income ranges from $18,789 to 41,500. Gas, for heat and cooking, is included in the rent. The building will have an intercom system and laundry facilities, and the super will live on-site.

Preference for 50 percent of the units will be given to those living within the Community Board 4 area. Those displaced by Hurricane Sandy get preference for 25 percent of the units. New York City Municipal employees and households including persons with mobility impairments both receive five percent— and persons with visual and/or hearing impairments will receive preference for two percent of the units.

The winners, chosen by lottery, should be able to occupy the units by April 2013. There is no broker’s or application fee. Unlike Powerball, you get only a single chance to play this lottery (submit more than one application per family, and you’ll be disqualified). To request an application by mail, send a self-addressed envelope to 37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10023.

A table listing all of the specific monthly rents, the minimum and maximum income ranges and the allowable household size (1-4 persons depending on the type of apartment) can be accessed at 26StreetAffordable.com. There, you can download an application and mail it in. Completed applications must be received by January 30, 2013. Register to receive information from the building owners, at chelseaparkrentals.com or by calling 212-206-0709.

Comments

1. Hi colleagues, nice piece of writing and pleasant urging

commented at this place, I am actually enjoying by

these.

1. Wei says:

Dose anyone know? where did they give the winners the interview for the apartment? 316 W 118th ST. New York or 260 W 26th ST.?

2. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity to your publish is just spectacular and i could assume you are a professional on this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to take hold of your RSS feed to stay updated with impending post. Thank you one million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

3. I just like the helpful information you supply for your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test once more right here frequently. I am rather sure I’ll be told a lot of new stuff proper here! Good luck for the following!

4. Marta Diaz says:

own I now if I Win

5. how would i know if i choosen from the lottery says:

Looking forward to have a comforable , this is a lovely place

6. Sharif Ahmed says:

Dear.Sir/madam

I am Sharif Ahmed.I need a any apartment .
    Will you help me?
    My number.
    646 326 9456,

7. Jennifer says:

Can you still be rejected even if your income falls within your guidelines, and your credit history is good?

8. nancy says:

Did they pick the winners in the lottery drawing yet? If so will the person be notify? Its been 4 months since January 30, 2013 Deadline!

9. nancy says:

Why no one answer the questions that everyone is asking. What good is the comments if no one answer your question!

10. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!

It’s the little changes that will make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

11. Thank you for some other excellent post. The place else may just anybody get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the search for such information.

12. Thanks a lot for producing this nice stuff. I'll definately return later on to read more.

13. I need to know how to apply for lottery
    apartments my phone number is (347)
    257-6222.

14. keven says:

i just got pick

15. fio says:

TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

16. Cindy says:

I got notice for an interview, I brought all the paper work at interview. The interviewer asked me for additional paper work. I submitted within 2 weeks. I called her a few times for application status. She neither answer the phone nor reply to voice mail. So I end up spoke to someone else who work there. He told me I was rejected. I was so disappointed by their behavior. They were completely ignore my calls. I wasted entire month for nothing!

17. Romel says:

I applied for it since I got metro newspaper. I work in the city and need to move there. My landlord refuse to fix the apartment.

18. Morena says:

Hi, Cindy. I had an interview on December 17,2013 and I was told to bring more documents which I did and I still haven’t heard from anyone. I have called several times and all I get it’s a voicemail box. I was told that if I wasnt picked they’ll returned my $50 money order, I haven’t even gotten a letter for approval or denial.

19. Morena says:

My interview was on 12/17/13 and I brought missing documents to the office on 12/20/13 and that day who interviewed me told me that was going to call me on Monday which was the 23rd to let me know whether I got it or not.

20. Peter says:

How and where to we apply for this?

21. gee, thanks for posting this content. was searching a long time about this and did not think anything about it!

22. Jeffrey Negron says:

Please help me find and apartment. I am currently living in a city shelter of the past 6 months. I have just been accepted into John Jay College for criminal justice and I am so in need of an apartment at this moment. Please, please, please help me. My cell number is (646) 474-7565.